Nikwax Sandal Wash™ removes the build up of dirt and body oils from non waterproof footwear, as well as insoles and footbeds. Thereby reducing the growth of bacteria which cause odor to build up and rot materials and stitching. This has the added benefit of extending the useful lifetime of treated items.
When to use Nikwax Sandal Wash™:
Once your sandals have been used a few times and are starting to smell, use Nikwax Sandal Wash™ to clean, deodorize and freshen. Always apply this product to all non waterproof footwear, including shoes, sandals and next to skin areas of footwear, such as insoles and footbeds to keep them in top condition.
Why you should use Nikwax Sandal Wash™:
Nikwax Sandal Wash™ is a highly effective cleaner and deodorizer which has been specifically designed and optimized to clean and deodorize all non waterproof footwear, including shoes, sandals and next to skin areas of footwear, such as insoles and footbeds.
Footwear freshening products will mask odors but fail quickly, as they do not remove the bacteria which cause odor. Additionally these products are often solvent based and flammable.
Recommended for CrocsTM, Birkenstock®, Keen® and TevaTM footwear.
- Rinse item with clean water to remove loose dirt and to dampen surface.
- Shake well before use. Press sponge applicator to break seal.
- Apply generously over the area to be cleaned.
- If very dirty scrub with a stiff nylon brush (e.g. nail brush).
- Rinse well with clean water.
- Dry away from direct heat.
Note: Color may run, test on a hidden area first. For cleaning waterproof footwear use Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.
- Leave footwear to dry at room temperature.
- Paper can be stuffed into the toes to absorb excess moisture; this should be replaced when wet.
- Keep footwear away from fires and radiators, drying too quickly can crack leather and cause bonded soles to peel.