Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™ is easy and quick to apply; either spray or sponge on to wet boots. Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™ provides highly Durable Water Repellency (DWR) which develops on air drying. It leaves a flexible water repellent treatment on individual fibres of nubuck and suede. This allows moisture vapour to pass through, maintaining breathability and keeping your feet dry. Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™ has been specifically designed and optimised for nubuck and suede combination footwear and will maintain the texture of the materials.
Breathable waterproof footwear is most likely to get sweaty and wet inside when used in damp or wet conditions. If the outer nubuck or suede absorbs water, the breathability of the footwear will be reduced. Therefore, the Durable Water Repellency (DWR) of your footwear must be maintained to ensure comfort. It will eventually wear off and need to be renewed with Nikwax Nubuck & Suede Proof™.
- Why Cleaning properly is as good as waterproofing:
Using the right cleaning product is as important as using the right waterproofing product. Conventional detergents leave behind a thin water-absorbent film on materials, which masks their Durable Water Repellency (DWR). Therefore, always clean your waterproof footwear with Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™. Remember that dirt itself works against DWR, so regular cleaning will enhance performance.
- Brush off dirt with a damp cloth and clean using Nikwax Footwear Cleaning Gel™.
- Shake well before use. Press sponge applicator to break seal.
- Apply generously to wet footwear; Spray-On (from a distance of 5cm) or Sponge-On.
- After 2 minutes, remove surplus with a cloth and allow to dry before use.
Note: Light/coloured nubuck or suede may darken after treatment. Test on a hidden area first.
Always leave footwear to dry naturally by following these easy steps:
- Leave footwear to dry at room temperature.
- Paper can be stuffed into the toes to absorb excess moisture, this should be replaced when wet.
- Keep footwear away from fires and radiators, drying too quickly can crack leather and cause bonded soles to peel.