G1 Expe is a triple layer boot consisting of an integrated outer gaiter, mid layer ‘shell’ and a removable inner bootie. The outer gaiter has a soft and comfortable elasticated cuff with both zip and strap closures for failsafe reliability. The lower portion of the gaiter is insulated with encapsulated layers of triple Thinsulate™ and polyethylene and is reinforced with an extremely rip resistant material in the high wear zones. A new synthetic rand material has been used which is lighter and warmer than rubber and won’t perish in the high U.V light conditions found at high altitude. The outer surface of the mid-layer boot in constructed from entirely from lightweight synthetic textile and lined with a tough and waterproof/breathable Cordura reinforced laminate. Sandwiched between is a 6mm layer of EVA foam for excellent thermal insulation. Our new ‘Tanka’ lace closure system is simple, secure and easy to manage while wearing gloves.
The all new inner bootie is made from a very lightweight and extremely warm triple layer laminate material comprising of an outer polyurethane layer, heat reflecting aluminum film and an inner layer of insulating EVA foam. Triple Thinsulate™ layers fully surround the foot providing yet more insulation with no cold spots and a fully waterproof breathable Boreal Dry-Line® lining guarantees to keep your feet dry. The ‘Tanka’ and strap closure is easy to use and is adjustable around the instep area for a custom fit. A new much lighter sole unit module has been developed with dual density crampon attachment lugs, hard at the back for a positive crampon fit and soft at the front which provides welcome vibration absorption when front pointing on hard ice. Our ultra lightweight yet rigid carbon fiber composite midsole provides a considerable weight saving and an incredibly lightweight low density Vibram Betulla outsole with is designed for optimum performance above the snow line completes the package.
- Composed of three layers: A fully integrated and highly insulated outer gaiter, midlayer shell and removable inner bootie
- Ultralight Boreal PBG-680 carbon composite midsole with lateral torsion control. Unique Thinsulate® lining for superior underfoot thermal insulation
- Integrated outer gaiter in waterproof and highly breathable material with waterproof membrane and fully thermosealed seams.
- Reinforcement panels in extra durable and tear resistant material.
- Lower portion of gaiter insulated with Thinsulate and polyethylene layers.
- Premium quality waterproof TIZIP.
- Shell: One piece lightweight Teramida with Lorica and neoprene.
- 6mm EVA foam insulation layer and Cordura waterproof breathable lining.
- 1.4mm neoprene insole for thermal insulation.
- Easy to use ‘Tanka’ lace closure system.
- Lightweight TPU rand for durability.
- Bootie made from very lightweight and extremely insulative triple layer laminate.
- A heat reflective aluminium film is bonded to a durable polyurethane outer layer and insulative EVA foam on the internal side.
- Boreal Dry-Line® waterproof breathable lining with fully thermosealed seams.
- Triple Thinsulate® layers (no adhesives used) suround the foot guaranteeing maximum thermal protection with no cold spots.
- The sole of the bootie is covered with a durable textured TPU surface.
- Easy adjust ‘Tanka’ and strap closure system with adjustable fit around the instep area.
- Vibram Betulla super lightweight and highly insulative outsole in special low density EVA / rubber mix.
- Dual density EVA and PU shock absorbing layers.
- Differential hardness TPU toe and heel pieces for automatic crampons.
- Extremely cold conditions. High altitude mountaineering. 8000m peaks.
- 2610 grs./pair (size 7 UK)