The upper, in durable premium quality split leather laces very close to the toes for a really secure and highly adjustable fit and is lined with the exceptional ultra-breathable Moisture-Tech® lining from Sympatex. A very generous protective rubber rand around the forefoot guards against scuffs and abrasion.
Unlike lesser approach shoes the Drom boasts a fully board-lasted construction with a full-length midsole giving it excellent underfoot support on rough terrain. This midsole has a soft EVA top surface layer which greatly enhances underfoot comfort on long hikes.
A great mountain approach shoe needs a great outsole and for Drom we chose the Vibram® Pepe rubber outsole which has an aggressive deeply lugged tread pattern for excellent traction on soft and loose surfaces and weight saving cut-outs to shave away any excess weight.
Drom is comfortable and stylish enough to use every day but was born for mountain approaches, scrambling, Via Ferrata and trail walking.
- Uppers: Premium quality waterproof 2 mm Split leather with Teramida SL. Integral padded tongue and rubber toe cap for protection. HFS padded heel system for a perfect fit.
- Sole: Vibram Pepe rubber outsole with shock absorbing EVA and PU.
- Lining: Boreal Dry-Line® FLS for absolute waterproofness + stay cool breathability
- Usage: Approach + cooler conditions. Protection for rain and snow. Paths, trails and off-road. Travel.
- Midsole: Boreal PB-60 with an EVA top surface layer for added underfoot comfort.
- Weight: 1019 grs./pair (size 7 UK)